How I work at painting

 

 
Notes From My Painting Studio

I'm having a swell time working on these big sky on the marsh paintings. I will do one more and perhaps get a big canvas to do a large one for the town studio. I always learn a lot about painting after I get back from the residencies. I get interested in a particular subject from the travels and spend some time studying it. It never seems to work when I try to pre-plan what I'm going to study for the year. I am learning to let that go and not try to map out my painting year ahead of time. I'm not sure why that has changed for me . I used to have a rigid plan in January both for marketing and painting. It seems that I have rebelled at the idea of being over organized, and am becoming more open to ideas that just seem to arrive on their own. I think it is improving my work due to keen interest in subjects as they seem to show themselves to me at whim.

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

So stunning!

Maggie Latham said...

Love the simplicity in this one. The cloud shapes are organic foliage shapes. Making a rough year long plan to use as an armature on which to build, change and manipulate works well I find.

Linda Blondheim said...

Thanks Maggie. You have an excellent plan.
Love,
Linda

Linda Blondheim said...

Sue,
You made my day!
Love,
Linda

Henry the Studio Dog

Henry the Studio Dog
Studio Dog Wears his Fashion Accessory