Focus on those who love you and your work

Http://www.lindablondheim.com

Notes From My Loft Studio

I try to never lose focus on who cares for me and my work. Marketing is really about taking care of people who want to help you. When you think about it, who are the people who have a vested interest in your success? These are the people who like you, including friends, family and people you have contact with either through business or social connections. 

My collectors are people who share common interests, nature, land, trees and the wild places. They are not the usual gallery or artsy types. They don't go to charity events to be seen with the right people and get into style magazine pages. 

My collectors are land owners, ranchers, biologists, foresters, arborists, environmentalists. The share the same passion for farms, trees, and wilderness that I do. 

I sold a painting last week to a friend. Naturally, I sent her a thank you card through the mail. She told me later that she was touched and impressed that I took the time to send a note. Evidently, most artists only use email now. 

I try to do everything I can to let my collectors know they are important to me. I adore most of them and enjoy precious friendships. I might have started out with them as a collector but most of them become vital to me as real friends. 

To me, this is real marketing.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Knowing you as I do, Linda, I know your thoughtfulness is genuine. As a plus, it is effective marketing as well. However, I don't think it would work very well for a person who is not sincere about the appreciation you show generously and truly. Have a Merry Christmas!

Linda Blondheim said...

Mary,
You are right. The connections must be sincere and authentic. Artificial or superficial relationships are a waste of time for anyone in the business of art. We must truly share our passion with others.
Love,
Linda

Henry the Studio Dog

Henry the Studio Dog
Studio Dog Wears his Fashion Accessory