Hanging in There


Notes From the Studios

Life as you know, has stepped up the pace significantly. Hours are long and there are all the holiday parties associated with the studio to prepare for. Lots of shipping,shopping and gifting as well.  Sales have been much better this year, thank goodness, a good sign for our economy. I've only had time for painting a few small pieces but I continue to work on the large oil studio painting.  I did get out to Fair Oaks yesterday for a lovely day of painting. I just need to touch up the above painting done yesterday. What a lovely experience.

Today I'm going to be back in the painting studio working on the big tree painting in oils. I've decided that oils work better in small format for me. They are just so slow going that I get impatient with them in a huge painting. I have another large canvas that I will start after this one, but in acrylics this time.

2 comments:

Mary said...

This painting is lovely, Linda. I like the contrast of the dark water with the lighter fields. And the trees are just perfect.

Linda Blondheim said...

Thanks a million Mary. Have a great holiday season.
Love,
Linda

Henry the Studio Dog

Henry the Studio Dog
Studio Dog Wears his Fashion Accessory